Subject: Re: The Next Anna Netrebko
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Mar 2017 14:19:32 -0400

There is only one "next Netrebko" I know of, and that is Anna's son Tiago.

IMO, there is no need for any singer to be dubbed "the next [singer of your choice]." I
think every singer should be allowed their own identity. It's bad enough that so many
opera fans feel constantly compelled to compare current singers to dead ones, lol (and
usually in a negative light, favoring the dead singer).