Subject: Feliz Cumpleanos,you BIS!!!
From: Charles Handelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 27 Mar 2017 16:36:02 -0400

BIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A soprano once thought an audience was yelling, BEAST!!!!!"...No,it was "BIS"
Gelb has now decided to do a "Camarena" and many perf.will begin 1
hr.earlier and end 1 hr.later (Pizza permitted) because Senor Camarena has
set a precedent,usually reserved for noisy Italian audiences, and next
season the following BISES will be permitted:

1.Beczala  "Quando le sere al Placido (Domingo)

2. Camarena   I do not know the Idreno aria but he will do it 5 times.

3. Fabiano  does the last scene of Lucia twice (with time in between for a
stiff drink)
4.  Grigolo sings "E lucevan" till he learns it.

5.   Hymel sings "Ah leve-toi soleil" in French..then Greek...then
Swahili..then Hip-hop

6. Goerke does the Elektra Monologue 3 times...and then lip-synchs it to
Nilsson...and most of Met audience wouldn's know the difference.

7. Sondra does 7 versions of Norma in consecutive order and then throws the
conductor into the fire.

8. Domingo sings the Luise Miller BARITONE aria in the key written by the
Don Cossacks choir...but only half of it.

I forgot...Handelman returns to the stage and sing "SI" from act one Boheme
24 times.

and FELIZ CUMPLEANOS to the dude who started this, our beloved Javier