Subject: Opera singers on Radio, RIP Roberta Knie and more
From: Rudi Van den Bulck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 27 Mar 2017 21:36:49 +0200

Sad news American soprano Roberta Knie passed away at age 79, two great CD
releases offering radio broadcast recordings for the first time ever
available ; a vast array of legendary singers perform a vast repertoire of
popular song, Lotte Lehman treasures from Ward Marston and more.
Please check our homepage on www.operanostalgia.be  for more info, reviews
etc

Our operanostalgia youtube channel has been updated with rare excerpts from
a live Falstaff performance (in English!!) from Chicago 1941 with John
Charles Thomas in the title role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs8b5XH3V50

We also uploaded a rare clip of Gianni Maffeo a baritone from the sixties
and seventies who never really made it but who -in my view - would today
sing off the stage that baritone from the recent Munich Chenier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiYh4VWxwJc

RvdB