Subject: Re: SYNTHETIC MOZART - IDOMENEO FROM THE MET OPERA
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 26 Mar 2017 11:30:09 -0400

I don't love IDOMENEO, which made the whole thing even more boring,
though not as bad as the intermissions.  Now they're adding recorded
musical snatches to their synthetic dialogues and to promos for the
next broadcast: yuch!  And how shallow was that operatic "sea music"
bit?

Mr. Camner's example of Herman Jadlowver is about as painful as
music gets, which is not his fault, really, but Mozart's.

Oh there were nice things in my life yesterday, but I'm sticking to
opera here.

dtmk