Subject: Re: SYNTHETIC MOZART - IDOMENEO FROM THE MET OPERA
From: Michael Liebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 25 Mar 2017 20:38:49 -0400

I saw this in the house midweek.

It was very sad, because I love this opera.

The overture was almost unrecognizable.  The singers bland,  Was it their
fault or was it the same guy who made the choices he did for the overture?
I had the same feeling for Nabucco this year.  Maybe I was lucky that the
Italiana performance I had tickets for was cancelled?