Subject: Re: Tebaldi
From: MD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:22:11 -0400

Couldn't agree more on the 1953 FORZA from Florence showcasing Tebaldi at
her zenith.  Everything was working: the top, the thrilling heft of the
voice, the stamina - she even seemed to revel in the Mitropoulos tempi,
which were extremely broad in the "Vergine degli'Angeli" and the final trio.
it's difficult to imagine a better Alvaro or Guardiano, so she was very
fortunate there as well. One of the indispensable "live" recordings.