Subject: Re: Steber's notable strengths as a Mozartian
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Mar 2017 09:03:56 -0400

Absolutely. She says that Walter asked her where she learned to sing
after being impressed by her technique and she answered that she learned
it from Dr. Whitney in Boston.  BTW she sang her first opera in Boston
with the Commonwealth Opera Company.  The company was under the WPA and
she sang her only Senta there.  She coached with others but without the
rock-solid technique she would not have had the long and successful career
that she did.

Angelo from Boston