Subject: Re: Regarding Opera-L
From: Dennis Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Mar 2017 19:38:44 -0400

Hi, Y'all!
    I have never particularly enjoyed off topic posts  on Opera-L, nor have
I ever posted on any of them except to say "basta."   If Bob wants to share
his opinion of Judy Garland, he can send me a friend  request on Facebook;
I would gladly accept it and probably share my own opinion  of Miss Peggy
Lee.  But when one subscribes to an OPERA list, one  expects to talk about, of
all things, opera, and not necessarily other  trivia some members are
interested in that I very well may not be.  Sure, I  have a delete button and
know how to use it.  But to have to do that  on a list where I THOUGHT I knew
what we were discussing is inconvenient and  irritating.  I do not care one
flying F about what anyone on the list  thinks about most of the off-topic
stuff that appears here, and find it a  bother.  It has not precluded my
membership on this list, because I value  being on Opera-L enough to tolerate it.
 But toleration, not interest, is  what off topic posts get from me.
    Best,
    Dennis Ryan

In a message dated 3/23/2017 6:18:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time,