Subject: Re: Regarding Opera-L
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Mar 2017 19:15:28 -0400

The answer to Steve B., "across the pond",  and all the rest of those who
yearn for some kind of monitoring, is that you would be sorry if your wish
came true.
Some of the most stimulating threads of discussion on Opera-L are triggered
by devoted opera lovers submitting a thought that they are eager to share
with other List members.  That act in itself I consider "opera related",
and the fact
that a sufficient number always seem to come forward with responses often
proves that I am right.  The topic of the day will soon pass, and you
needn't
fear that a political rant or two is likely to pre-empt something more
specifically
operatic.  I have been a daily follower of this forum for about ten years,
and
have never been prompted to complain about any subject that any member
has submitted other than when one launches a personal attack against
another.
Relax and enjoy.

dtmk