Subject: Re: Live stream (video) ANDREA CHENIER 3-18 at 2 pm EDT (7 pm CET)
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 19 Mar 2017 12:56:42 -0500

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am very fond of the Martinelli, Journet scenes from the pre electric
> period, and I have enjoyed Cerquetti's way with " Sombre foret" aka
> "Selva Opaca". It is a beautiful aria and there are several lovely
> recordings, to be fair.

Hi Bob,
The Martinelli-Journet "Ah, Matilde" glorious duet was my introduction to
TELL! It's for the ages. I also love Cerquetti's "Selva opaca" and, on the
older recordings, Ponselle's and Hina Spani's as well.

Donald (L.),-- you asked about the rebroadcast: this is my second post, so
let me quickly correct myself about it. Thanks to a kind private email, I
realized that Elizabeth was referring to the TELL --not CHENIER--
rebroadcast.

I've just found that the entire CHENIER broadcast is available in audio at
the Bavarian Klassik radio:
https://www.br-klassik.de/audio/umberto-giordano-andrea-
chenier-mitschnitt-100.html
It starts some half an hour into the podcast and don't know for how long it
will be available there.

Vesna