Subject: Re: a final word on Leontyne Price
From: "Takis Pavl." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Mar 2017 16:29:42 +0000

Yes, David, I meant that recording of the aria. It's superb. Every colour in her phrasing as Vanessa is fascinating. Three times she sings "listen" and I hear more intention in those three words than in any three different Italian roles she recorded, no matter how brilliant the top was. I don't care if she could sing the high C in Aida the day before, or after she retired, one Ciel! (and a tight high C) by Dusolina Giannini (to mention just one of my favourite Aidas) are enough to make me forget about Price's entire Verdi output.
Takis