Subject: Bryan Himmel
From: Myriam Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Mar 2017 17:24:53 -0400

Guillaume Tell is a tour de force for the tenor. Bryan Himmel has an ugly
voice that grates my ears, but by God, to sing the fourth act big aria and
cabaletta, after the killer duets he sang in the previous acts, is a real
feat. I would have liked him to stretch a little more the very last note in
"aux armes," but what else can we ask for. The man must have been
completely exhausted. Bravo for him!

I've listened to him before in romantic roles, like Pinkerton and Rodolfo
in La Bohème, and in my opinion, he doesn't make the grade there. He should
stick to Wagner, Richard Strauss, and other heavy roles where his metallic
voice would serve him better.

Modify your settings: