Subject: Re: TAKE ACTION - CALL CONGRESS - US arts and sciences funding
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Mar 2017 12:21:57 -0400

Before everyone starts wetting their panties again (which has become a chronic problem since
the Election - sometimes I want to hand out packages of Depends to some of my friends), it
would be well to remember that NO Presidential budget in living memory was enacted as
proposed.  Big Bird will survive (as he always does), we will continue to be able to watch
public television programs about animals eating each other in Africa, NPR will continue to air
pretentious programs that hardly anyone listens to, performance artists will still be able to
smear themselves with chocolate on the public dime, science grants will continue, and
Civilization-As-We-Know-It will not crumble.

By all means, CALL CONGRESS if it makes you feel better.  It will have no more effect than it
usually does, but then, the real purpose of CALLING CONGRESS is to make people feel better
about themselves.  (You know, "My VOICE was being heard," and similar self-flattering
nonsense...)

MDW