Subject: TAKE ACTION - CALL CONGRESS - US arts and sciences funding
From: E J Michel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Mar 2017 01:28:11 -0400

Sad and angry and depressed about 45's horrible budget... so TAKE ACTION!

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES AND SENATORS!!!

Republican and Democratic... both parties need to hear from ALL OF US!

There have been many articles in the press about the effect of PHONE calls
and EMAILS to your elected reps ... really it makes a difference.   Every
call and email is logged and counte

We have no one to blame but ourselves if we do nothing. It takes barely
15-20 minutes to call all your reps.  DO IT and you can call more than
once... each call will be logged.

check this website
http://civilrights.org/action_center/resources/calling-congress.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

When you dial 202-224-3121 you are directed to an operator at the Capitol
switchboard. This switchboard can direct you to both senators as well as
representatives.

Once the operator answers, ask to be connected to whomever you are trying
to reach. They will send you to your senator's or representative's office
line, and a legislative assistant will answer the phone.

It is important to let them know why you are calling and what issue you are
calling about. You will sometimes be able to speak directly to your senator
or representative, but more often you will speak to a staff person in the
member's office. This person keeps track of how many people called and
their positions on issues, and provides a summary to the member. Be assured
that your call does count, even if you are not able to speak directly to
your senator or representative.

It is usually most effective to call your own senators and representatives,
as each is primarily concerned with residents from his or her district.
However, you may occasionally find it useful to call other members, if they
are on a certain committee or in a particular position to help get a bill
passed.

* Although you may find it easiest to always call the Capitol switchboard
at 202-224-3121 to reach your senators or representative, you can also find
the direct number to any member's office by consulting the Senate phone
list or House phone list.

How to Contact Your Elected Officials

https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials

Best regards,