Subject: Re: Leontyne Price - Fanciulla del West
From: Donald Kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Mar 2017 11:48:35 -0400

Your third paragraph is the most sensible thing I have read in many moons.
But where are the prestige seeking corporations that could make it happen?
Come back General Motors, Firestone, Texaco, Ed Sullivan, Arthur Godfrey -
he made Toscanini a best seller in 1941, conducting Horowitz in the Tshaikowsky
Piano Concerto.  How do we get radio and TV out of the gutter they've been in
for the last half century?

dtmk