Subject: Re: Pretentious Quotes
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:51:27 -0400

It has been clear for quite some time now, that "GCR" gets satisfaction
out of digging up provocative statements about opera from a variety of
sources, and posting them to see what happens.  What's wrong with that?
Can't we just get used to it, the way we have to get used to a tsunami of
conflicting data on when, where, and how a celebrated diva sang what, as,
currently in the case of Leontyne Price,  around whom the waters have still
not receded?  Nothing new about any of it.

As a matter of fact, the belittling of opera's stature as a form, in
relation
to the art of music in its entirety, is understandable, and depending on
the musical historians being quoted, more than justified as food for
thought.
What I do question is the purpose of offering quotations under the name
"anonymous".  Who wants to agree or disagree with him?

dtmk