Subject: Re: Stephen Costello
From: Miguel A De Virgilio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Mar 2017 00:08:13 +0000

Sorry ,I meant interview not review

From: Miguel A De Virgilio
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: 'Stephen Costello' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Stephen Costello

I heard live Costello twice in San Diego 2012 and 2013. On those occasions I was greatly impressed by his performances
Here is comment from The Associated Press on his Romeo.
"Costello, winner of the 2009 Richard Tucker<http://www.broadwayworld.com/people/Richard-Tucker/> Award, is a prodigiously gifted singer whose voice makes an immediate impact.
There's an unforced warmth and generosity to his sound, and his big aria, "Ah! Leve-toi, soleil!" ("Arise, o sun!"), showed excellent control over phrasing and dynamics."
Give the guy a break .Read his candid review in OPERA NEWS.
Miguel de Virgilio