Subject: Stephen Costello in Santa Fe
From: Nina Gettler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:26:14 -0700

I have to disagree about Stephen Costello in Santa Fe. We thought he
sounded fine as long as he wasn't singing forte. As soon as he got
louder, I thought he began to bleat. But the main problem I had was that
he was so obviously uncomfortable singing with Ailyn Pérez. He could
hardly bear to touch her. Every time he came near her, he would retreat.
And no matter what was going on on stage, the expression on his face was
always downcast. We nicknamed him "the tenor of the woeful countenance."

Nina Gettler
Graz, Austria