Subject: Re: Leontyne Price's Hooty Swooping: A Question
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Mar 2017 12:17:28 -0400

I don't know for sure that she thought they were desirable. Singers get into habits of all
sorts, and they're not always conscious of them (which is why teachers and coaches are
invaluable). I tend to think the swooping was more a habit that developed, than a specific
intentional artistic expression.

But that's just my personal take on it.