Subject: IN SERIES pocket PASQUALE is perfect for enjoying English opera done well (runs 3/18-26)
From: Alan Savada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Mar 2017 11:54:21 -0400

Hi folks,

Since we are headed off to Europe this week and I am on the Board of the In Series, I was able to attend a rehearsal last night of their new English version (by Bari Bearn) of an updated Don Pasquale which should prove to be quite enjoyable. The tickets are on sale for $23-43 each which can't be beat (http://www.inseries.org ) and the cast proves to be quite entertaining in this intimate setting with the production moved to modern day Hollywood with Don Pasquale as an aging rock star. Terry Eberhardt in the title is quite funny, and his wigs are beyond belief, but I did have trouble believing he was over 60! Suzanne Lane makes her company debut as Norina and is a superb entertainer as well as a talented singer,

Opera can often be expensive and unreachable, but the job of our little company is to do just the opposite and this truly cuts the cake when you think about an evening (or afternoon) of entertainment for under $50!

ALAN SAVADA of Washington, DC