Subject: Re: Leontyne Price's Hooty Swooping: A Question
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Mar 2017 11:52:09 -0400

Max,
This was my question that I think started the whole Price thread.  My
feeling was that her technique was so solid, especially as regards the
breath, that I could see no vocal necessity at all in these exaggerated
portamenti and other mannerisms, which if so leaves one wondering why she
thought they were desirable.

David Kubiak