Subject: Opera as awakening
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Mar 2017 09:14:01 -0400

I am sure there are many stories of kids awakening to opera as presented on Saturday afternoon radio broadcasts.

By the time I was five I was listening every week with the housekeeper as she ironed. Opera for me was thrilling. I remember Aida as exciting and grand. I marched around the kitchen pretending to play a trombone during the triumphal march.

I don't think opera has ever taken on an intellectual cast for me. It is a fire in the belly. Yes, I know lots about it. I like some more than others. That is personal and based on attraction. My taste has changed some over the years. That is pure affinity.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 15, 2017, at 8:56 AM, OPERA-L automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> For lots of people, opera in general *is* boring

Modify your settings: