Subject: Re: Leontyne Price - Fanciulla del West
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Mar 2017 18:57:54 -0400

Apropos the Elsa for RCA, I have a distinct recollection of Price saying to
an interviewer about the part that she finally decided "it was just 'troppo
pesante', honey." Which I don't think it would have been, but after the
'Fanciulla' she must have thought very carefully about what she would and
wouldn't do.

Painful in that recording to be reminded of the great Rita Gorr screaming
those A's at the end.

David Kubiak