Subject: Re: Pretentious Quotes
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Mar 2017 01:02:27 -0400

Jon --

The term that you are looking for is one that I learned over a half century ago at Kenyon College from English professor Denham Sutcliffe, a master of the language: "vacuous vagaries".

It should also be noted that people who live in ivory towers frequently have their feet firmly planted in mid-air.

Finally, you should be more charitable to these people, as many have mirrors that periodically come to life and tell them what to write.

Best.

Ray

***