Subject: Re: My Meeting Martinelli (formerly, Giovanni Martinelli in "William Tell")
From: Ulrik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:40:12 -0400

Dear Miquel,

I really wonder how Domingo would avoid singing the Aflats (without totally ruining the
melody)? Unless, of course, he transposed.... Now, I have not heard Domingo's last Canios
from LAOpera - but when he sang Canio at Royal Opera House London in 2003, he did sing
all the written high notes (unless, of couse, it was transposed). And I can see that you are
right, Miquel, there is in deed a written Bflat - my mistake.

Kind regards

Ulrik

the written Aflats (but not th On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 23:22:46 +0000, Miguel A De Virgilio

<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>BTW Domingo avoided all the high notes in this aria last time he sang
>>Canio in L.A. (about
>15 years ago)
>
>Dear Miquel,
>
>i wonder what high notes (in plural) you are referring to. As far as I remember, there is
one high B (or Bflat) in No, pagliacco non son that is unwritten and that also Jon Vickers use
to avoid (at least late-ish Jon Vickers) - and I am quite certain that Domingo also avoided
that