Subject: Re: Selva opaca and a favorite Tebaldi recital
From: Patrick Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Mar 2017 12:58:19 -0400

Tebaldi's teacher was not a particularly gifted singer if I remember
correctly. I understand Serafin told Tebaldi she should add Norma to her
repetoire, but she never did. I heard a recording once of her doing Casta Diva.  It
was not as bad I had supposed, but, of course, there was no "ah bel a me
ritorna". She managed to skirt the terrors of "Sempre libera" early on. I
think  she could have managed Norma very early in the career.

Patrick Byrne

In a message dated 3/21/2017 10:54:59 A.M. Central Daylight Time,