Subject: Re: Selva opaca and a favorite Tebaldi recital
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Mar 2017 09:25:44 -0700

This is precisely what Regine Crespin did, another gorgeous natural voice
of immense, Niagara like volume.  I believe if you listen to Zinka Milanov
throughout her career, she also carried the weight on high early and well
into her mid career but upon her return to the Met in the 1950's, had
slimmed down the voice and was far more careful of this, thus lengthening
her career.

Donald