Subject: Re: Transpositions
From: Graeme Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Mar 2017 22:14:18 -0000

	Horns are usually pitched in F Trumpets in B flat & Clarinets in B flat or A. However a lot of older music does not use these transpositions therefore the player has to be able further transpose at sight allowing for the fact that their instrument is already transposing the part in front of them!! The horns will even have to change the transposition in the middle of a piece.

Kind regards

Graeme