Subject: Re: My Meeting Martinelli (formerly, Giovanni Martinelli in "William Tell")
From: Ulrik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Mar 2017 16:17:21 -0400

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 18:59:53 +0000, Miguel A De Virgilio
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>BTW Domingo avoided all the high notes in this aria last time he sang Canio in L.A. (about
15 years ago)

Dear Miquel,

i wonder what high notes (in plural) you are referring to. As far as I remember, there is one
high B (or Bflat) in No, pagliacco non son that is unwritten and that also Jon Vickers use to
avoid (at least late-ish Jon Vickers) - and I am quite certain that Domingo also avoided that
(unwritten) note the last times he did Canio. But what other high notes did Domingo avoid in
No, pagliacco non son?

Kind regards

Modify your settings: