Subject: Re: Hampson destroying Germont
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Mar 2017 22:35:28 -0600

Paul:
    You're probably referring to the 1956-1957 Met Traviata broadcast starring Tebaldi, Warren and Giuseppe Campora as Alfredo. It IS awfully good.  Both Tebaldi and Warren were in spectacular shape that afternoon.  Despite Tebaldi's familiar problems with the florid section of the "Sempre Libera" (and the downward transposition), she was a beautiful Violetta.  And then, of course, there was Callas and Bastianini at La Scala.