Subject: Re: ANDREA CHENIER Live Broadcast Sunday 1 pm EDT
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Mar 2017 20:16:03 -0600

Elena Zilio???

That’s what I call a long career. I have recordings of her back as far as 1963! She sang regularly in Chicago for a long time have made her debut here as La Cieca in 1966.

Does anyone know how old she is? No Wikipedia listing that I could find.

Kurt Youngmann

> On Mar 11, 2017, at 7:59 PM, E J Michel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> https://www.br-klassik.de/programm/radio/ausstrahlung-968006.html <https://www.br-klassik.de/programm/radio/ausstrahlung-968006.html>
>
> Dramma di ambiente storico in four acts
> In Italian language
>
> Andrea Chénier - Jonas Kaufmann
> Carlo Gérard - Luca Salsi
> Maddalena di Coigny - Anja Harteros
> Bersi - J'Nai Bridges
> Countess of Coigny - Doris Soffel
> Madelon - Elena Zilio
> Roucher - Andrea Borghini

“Sunday School: A prison in which children do penance for the evil conscience of their parents.” - H.L. Mencken, A Mencken Chrestomathy, 1949