Subject: Re: Visa difficulties for artists
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sat, 11 Mar 2017 20:49:01 -0500

There is actually a technique for dealing with border guards - very similar
to how one deals with police.

You answer all questions promptly, without pausing to think of an answer, and
always in a cool manner, no matter the question, no matter how long it takes.
Part of the guard's mission is to unnerve you to see if you loose your cool.
So don't fall for it or expect any special treatment because you're a citizen
or because of any other reason.

I'm sure there's a number of people randomly selected who will undergo further
grilling, but a traveler's tension is what the guards are looking for.

Anyone who's been to Israel knows exactly what to do. ;)

   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users