Subject: Marjorie Lawrence Research - call out for participant and/or funding
From: E L-H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 8 Mar 2017 09:47:28 -0600

Dear All,

My Name is Ellan Lincoln-Hyde. I am a musicology masters student from The
University of Melbourne, Australia currently exchanging to The University
of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.  Marjorie Lawrence is a distant relative
of mine and I have been fortunate enough to grow up among family members
who knew her quite intimately during her former years.

I am exchanging to the states in order to access various archives
concerning Marjorie Lawrence. I have previously written a 12,000 word
thesis on her Australian and European concert tours and am now gathering
research for my masters thesis concerning her legacy as an artist, a singer
with a disability, her pedagogy and her influence over the media. My
working title is presently 'Opera, Publicity, Disability: A Study of the
Public Persona of Marjorie Lawrence.'

I have recently identified several archives in the Illinois, Arkansas and
New York regions that I would like to investigate but being a student and
on a limited budget, I am thus far unable to reach my finances to cover a
suitable period of time with the resources. Would you be aware of funding
for these kinds of projects? I can of course provide further information
with regards to my work at any time.

Additionally, I am also interview former student and colleagues of
Lawrence. I have ethics clearance for this from my University and can
forward you these forms if required. Would there be a publication you are
aware of that I could place a call-out for such persons? Or, if anybody on
this listserv knew Lawrence, would you be interested in participating in my
research?

Thank you for taking the time to read this inquiry. Any information you
have with regards to my queries would be greatly appreciated. Please direct
further correspondence to my private email as show below.

Kind regards,

--
Ellan Lincoln-Hyde
BHMus, Dip. Lang/Chinese (UniMelb)