Subject: Re: Hampson destroying Germont
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Mar 2017 16:04:03 -0500

I thought Hampson was the absolute worst Germont I ever heard (then, I
recalled PD, so Tommy is tied for the honor).  Fabiano needs to work on his
top - he did fine this afternoon with the exception of that muffled "C" at
the end of the cabaletta....Edgardo will be more of a challenge for him!
Yoncheva was quite moving & enjoyable, but what do I know - MY Violettas
include Sutherland, Caballe, Moffo & a 195? with Tebaldi & Warren who gave
the most memorable Act II I ever experienced.

DonP.