Subject: Re: Hampson destroying Germont
From: "Sklenar, Robert John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Mar 2017 20:32:53 +0000

I'm only listening too, and it is indeed painful. Hampson never did have
any business singing Verdi roles; now, he has no business singing at all.
He's washed up, pure and simple. He continues to get hired because--and
this is the truly inexplicable part--people are  willing to pay Met ticket
prices to hear him in his current vocal condition.

Robert

On 3/11/17 2:54 PM, "Discussion of opera and related issues on behalf of A
Katalin Mitchell" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of