Subject: Hampson destroying Germont
From: A Katalin Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Mar 2017 14:54:04 -0500

Can someone please explain to me why Thomas Hampson is hired to sing Verdi Baritone roles at all, and even more lately? For me it is like chalk scratching on a blackboard. Never could stand his high baritone in roles he could not handle, but by now he is unbearable.

I am only listening, and it hurts more since I don’t have the visual distractions from the pain…

Modify your settings: