Subject: ANOTHER BEECHAM STORY
From: John Hebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Mar 2017 09:47:08 -0500

Well,  I’ve waited, but so far no one has told this one, which is probably apocryphal.

Beecham’s soprano soloist was singing consistently flat in rehearsals and Sir T. asked her why.

She said she missed her lover, who was due to arrive that evening.

When Beecham was introduced to the lover upon his arrival, he took him aside and said,

“I”m glad you’re here.  Please bang her up a semi-tone.”

John