Subject: thomas beecham quotes
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 8 Mar 2017 06:51:53 -0600

On this day in 1961 conductor Thomas Beecham died. Here are some of his famous quotes:

“I have just been all round the world and have formed a very poor opinion of it.”

“No operatic star has yet died soon enough for me.”

“A musicologist is a man who can read music but can’t hear it.”

“There are two golden rules for an orchestra: start together and finish together. The public doesn’t give a damn what goes on in between.”

Kurt Youngmann

“If God created us in his own image we have more than reciprocated.”
— Voltaire (1694-1778)