Subject: Fwd: New Visa Issues for the US
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Mar 2017 08:51:02 -0500

The difference is that "Saint Barack" honors the rule of law and
enforced it, however reluctantly, while Trump encourages
and revels in the kind of behavior that these horror stories
expose. Same old, same old. Trump ripped into the killing of
Muslims in Quebec while there were reports that one of the
attackers was a Muslim. As soon as it was discovered that there
was only one, a right wing Canadian nut case, he shut up tighter than
a clam. Such hypocrisy is rare, even from him and his minions.

It is interesting that "thousands of Islamic terrorists" are crossing our
Southern border, "which must be secured", but our Northern border
is of no particular concern, even though Justin Trudeau has issued a
broad invitation to all refugees, including those whom the Trump
order will exclude. It is pure racist rhetoric that appeals, successfully,
I fear, to the basest elements in our society.

No, Max, Trump is very responsible, and at many levels!
I fear for our country.

Bob

n Fri, 10 Mar 2017 23:32:51 -0500, Max D. Winter <[log in to unmask]
<javascript:;>> wrote:

>I have no doubt that one can collect any number of horror stories of the
>sort referenced in the Guardian article.  But the fact is that (1) while
those
>kind of things certainly do happen, and too frequently, they are not the
>norm; and (2) these kind of incidents long predate Trump.  (I remember
>reading one of these Horror Story collections in an article in the NYT
during
>the Obama years, but I don't recall anyone blaming Saint Barack.)
>
>Same thing with airport security.  Plenty of outrageous stories, but the
vast
>majority of people get through just fine.   The bad incidents are the ones
>that make the news.
>
>The problem isn't Trump; it is small people vested with a huge amount of
>discretionary power.  A certain number will always abuse it.  (That's known
>as "The Asshole Factor," a corollary of Murphy's Law.)  But hey, why pass
>up an opportunity to blame Trump for opera singers not wanting to sing in
>the U.S.?
>
>Oh, and if that Australian woman now "loathes" America, she is welcome to
>stay at home in Australia.  But she might want to consider that her own
>country imprisons illegal immigrants in detention facilities, including on
>couple of islands, where conditions are so bad - including rape, abuse,
>racism and neglect - that Amnesty International has issued scathing
>reports about them.  Reading this report in the Sydney Morning Herald -
>http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/exmanus-island-
>workers-report-beatings-rapes-of-asylum-seekers-20140505-zr4uv.html  -
>I have no patience at being lectured by an Australian about treatment of
>foreign nationals in the U.S.
>
>MDW

<javascript:;>
>[log in to unmask] <javascript:;> containing only the words:  SET
OPERA-L NOMAIL