Subject: Re: New Visa Issues for the US
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Mar 2017 17:18:06 -0700

Years ago, after 9-11, I remember a few years later, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa
was really hasselled getting a Visa and also when she landed in the US.
She was given a hard time, informed the people at Immigration that she was
a Dame Commander of the British Empire and still had problems.  She was
giving a concert somewhere out west and informed her audience that she was
having double thoughts about returning to the US because of the
difficulties she was receiving.  I'm sure things haven't changed much.  I
travel a lot, an awful lot and sometimes they treat me like shit and my
usual response is if they do this to me, a born and bred American, what do
they do to foreigners.  A few years ago returning from an afternoon in
Windsor Ontario, I crossed back to Detroit by car and receive a welcome as
if I was the Lord High Executioner of Al Queda.  What was I doing in Canada
for four hours?  Who goes there for lunch?  I also had problems when I was
in Buffalo last year and returning through Niagara Falls, NY, I presented
my passport to one of the idiots on our side of the border and he asked me
if I was a US Citizen and where I was born.  The putz had my passport!  So,
yes, I wonder how foreign artists will be treated.

Donald