Subject: Re: Thomas Beecham Quotes
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Mar 2017 10:33:42 -0500

It's a great book; my copy of the American edition is
titled, simply, TWO WORLDS OF MUSIC.   I remember a
description of how Tiana Lemnitz was able to assemble
the perfect German cast and have them flown to London at the
last minute for a performance of DER ROSENKAVLIER that
Sir Thomas was conducting in 1937.

There could hardly be a more readable account of what those
tumultuous times were like among musical giants than Berta
Geissmar's; thank you for the reminder.

dtmk