Subject: Fwd: Elisabeth Carron - comments on 9 March 2017
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Mar 2017 17:51:19 -0500

Don

You may not have seen this. I shall give you the benefit of the
doubt, but I would advise everyone that"shame" is not a good
word to describe frustration, unless one is certain of the ground
upon which one stands.

Enough!

Bob

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 19:43:18 -0500, Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]
<javascript:;>> wrote:

>Elizabeth Carron is actually well lnown to any Callas fan who
>owns, or has heard the famous and extraordinary "Medea"
>from Dallas in 1958. The cast included Callas, Carron, Berganza,
>Vickers, and Zaccaria, under Rescigno's conducting. Judith
>Raskin was the first maid.
>
>Those who know ths performance know its magnificence,
>and Elizabeth Carron played no small part in the success
>of the revival. It is among my Callas treasures, not least
>because of Carron, who transformed a secondary role
>into a memorable event.
>
>Bob
>
>On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 17:09:53 -0700, Don <[log in to unmask]
<javascript:;>> wrote:

>>I remember her so well as  Birdie in Regina.  No one could sing that role
>>like her plus the character she portrayed was so sympathetic.    I did not
>>have the pleasure of hearing her in anything else.  I noticed the Senza
>>Mamma aria plus others so I will be listening to those.
>>dd
>>
>>On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Donald S <[log in to unmask]
<javascript:;>> wrote:

>>> I posed about 10 days ago on the passing of this great NYCO singer and
an
>>> old friend of mine. A wonderful American soprano who left us on Dec 1.
No
>>> NYTimes obit. No mention on this list. She will be missed.
>>>
>>> Donald.
>>>

>>> Sent from my iPad
<javascript:;>
>>> [log in to unmask] <javascript:;> containing only the words:
SET OPERA-L NOMAIL

>>--
>>​Always keep a roll of baling wire and another of duct tape in your car.
>>It's amazing how useful it can be.

<javascript:;>