Subject: Re: A photo montage of Elisabeth Carron
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Mar 2017 15:31:15 -0700

Thank you so much. I knew Liz for over 40 years.  We met because she was
coaching with my voice teacher who was a colleague of hers at City Opera.
I was in my early twenties and in awe of her.  She was one of the great
Butterfly's of my experience.  Elisabeth was a dear, dear person and I
loved her and Marti (her husband).  Good people.  I used to see her all the
time at Gari Foundation functions and would call her periodically.  What
really shocked me was that aside from me, there was no mention of her
passing on Opera-L (I never saw any) and the NY Times, the paper of record,
never ran an obit of her.  Shame.  As far as I know, they still haven't
published an obit for Kurt Moll, one of the towering figures in Opera in
the last 50 years.

Donald (di Arizona)