Subject: Re: Tenors..anyone?
From: Miguel A De Virgilio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 8 Mar 2017 20:51:30 +0000

Tom Ponti wrote:
"Carlo ends his cabaletta on a high not but on the Caballe he does not"
The Sutherland was recorded in 1963 and the Caballe in 1967. By 1970 Bergonzi   high C was not that reliable .
Could that be  the reason why he skipped the Final High C.
Bergonzi was not High C  shy in the 1959 Boheme with Tebaldi when he took a glorious  High C  at the end of "O soave Fanciula ".
Miguel