Subject: Re: thomas beecham quotes
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 8 Mar 2017 14:41:11 -0500

Which leads me to suppose that Harold Rosenthal, in his Opera
magazine, kinda stole from Beecham, when he wrote of Birgit
Nilsson - "Why do we import these high priced singers when
we have our own Amy Shuard". I imagine that everyone on this
forum can answer that question :-)

Bob

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 08:08:04 -0500, ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>One of the best Beecham quotes is :  "Why do we import mediocre foreign
>singers when we have so many here at home?"
>
>Angelo from Boston
>
>> On March 8, 2017 at 7:51 AM kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>

>> On this day in 1961 conductor Thomas Beecham died. Here are some of his famous
quotes:

>> “I have just been all round the world and have formed a very poor opinion of it.”
>>
>> “No operatic star has yet died soon enough for me.”
>>
>> “A musicologist is a man who can read music but can’t hear it.”
>>
>> “There are two golden rules for an orchestra: start together and finish together. The
public doesn’t give a damn what goes on in between.”