Subject: Getting to Know Recitalist Nicholas Phan
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Mar 2017 22:59:05 -0700

https://www.sfcv.org/events-calendar/artist-spotlight/getting-to-know-recitalist-nicholas-phan

At 38, tenor Nicholas Phan  is one of the few “young” American singers who
champions lieder and art song. His love affair with song began a decade
ago, during the first of four summers he spent at the Marlboro Music
Festival. Since then, he has recorded four song recitals for AVIE, of
repertoire ranging from Blow and Beethoven to Britten.

Now devoting a good third of his career to art song, Phan recently gave a
recital at London’s fabled Wigmore Hall. This season has also seen his role
debuts as the lead in Stravinsky’s Oedipus Rex with Esa-Pekka Salonen and
the Philharmonia Orchestra of London, and as Tamino in Mozart’s Die
Zauberflöte with Boston Baroque. Next season, he follows up singing in
Houston Grand Opera’s production of Sondheim’s Sweeney Todd with Toronto
Symphony’s concert version of Bernstein/Sondheim’s Candide. It’s a
genuinely 21st-century career.

https://www.sfcv.org/events-calendar/artist-spotlight/getting-to-know-recitalist-nicholas-phan
---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA