Subject: Re: New Visa Issues for the US
From: Michael Liebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Mar 2017 22:02:16 -0400

On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 18:37:41 -0700, Hermine Stover
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Ah the things in the Old Testament and the book that came after it
>both contain suggestions for torture killing maiming naughty folks.

Ignorance is so easy to deal with.

While there's undeniably plenty of death and destruction wrought upon
Israel's enemies in the Hebrew Bible, none of us today interpret that as
anything but history.  We don't feel compelled to drown Egyptians, or anyone
else.  We don't feel comanded to storm into villages and take all the women
captive.

The Muslims do feel compelled to behead apostates and infidels because
that's what there book says.   (And unless you understand "abrogation,"
please don't suggest otherwise to me.) They do take all the women captive,
even their own, when they can.  It is Muslim Doctrine.  If you refuse to
recognize this, you need to read more,

As for the Christian Bible, I'm mostly familiar with the Gospels, but
unaware of any killing or torture in them.  I thought it's all sweetness and
light.  One of us has been brainwashed.