Subject: Re: New Visa Issues for the US
From: Michael Liebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:17:05 -0400

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 08:18:51 -0400, Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What's wrong with you?

I guess I suffer from a semi-classical education and a dose of common sense
which you apparently lack.  And you've probably been brainwashed by years of
reinforcement by the cretins at the NY Times.

What else could explain the most recent Magazine section dedicated to
"music," that I accidentally saw this weekend?

All things are not equal.  Verdi, Mozart, Wagner, et al., which are the
focus of rational folks here, are not just superior to the cr@p that the
Times focused on.  They have nothing in common with that [log in to unmask]  But you (and
they) just go on pretending.

We studied Chaucer, Shakespeare, Melville, and Whitman when I was in high
school.  When my daughter was in high school, they wanted her to read Maya
Angelou as if she were a modern equivalent.  I'll bet you think she was.
But you just go on pretending.

By now you're probably ready to start calling me a racist.  But I never
complained about Booker T. Washington (incidentally the first Black American
to be honored on a US Postage Stamp).  I reread his "Up from Slavery" a
couple of years ago.  It was so uplifting.  My adult kids, with their
government education, never heard of him; and if you know him at all, you
probably think he was  an Uncle Tom.  But you just go on pretending.

Besides, I went in on Saturday night specifically to hear Pretty Yende.  She
was wonderful again.  But then she obviously has some Je ne sais quoi that
those knockout artists, convenience store flash-mobbers and Maxine Waters,
do not.

Go ahead.  Pretend that the Muslims who rape and behead are really no
different from Christians.  Listen to all your friends who say the same
thing rather than what your lying eyes tell you.  Don't tell me that some
Christian five centuries ago raped, because it was never part of Christian
Doctrine.  With the Muslims it is, and it's happening right now.  It's only
stupid to go on pretending otherwise.

Some things are absolute.

Modify your settings: