Subject: Re: Visa difficulties for artists
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Mar 2017 20:00:03 -0400

I am not clear on why the US government cannot make things easier for
professionals who have to travel with a certain regularity to the US for
business reasons.  (I'm not touching the third rail on the rest of the
immigration issues.)   If nothing else, they could implement a ten year
vetting thing, much like Argentina has, that allows these folks to go
through the review / interview (if necessary) process one time and then it's
done, over, finished, and these people can come and go as appropriate
without fear or intimidation.

And part of me thinks even this is overkill but if it shuts up (pace) the
fear-mongers and anti-other folks, it might be a reasonable compromise.

What we have now--and what we are looking forward to--is just not working.