Subject: Re: Visa difficulties for artists
From: Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:04:18 +0100

We should know from this that, even before Trump, non-immigrants arriving on a tourist visa when they have a professional activity is a bad idea. The central issue is the new need for EVERYONE who wants a work visa to have a personal interview. Can you imagine a singer with a schedule all over the world for the next three years having to make time for this appointment? Any current visa waiver procedure will also be cancelled in three days. One interview for each appearance? These appointments were already very difficult to get. Now, suddenly, there will be a massive increase in demand and there will be certainly a very slow increase in staffing, if any. This is effective in three days. What about stars who are supposed to arrive in five days? I would not want to be an agent to any opera singer this week. If anyone has any specific information as to how these artists are supposed to enter the country on Thursday or after, please let us know.

Frank Cadenhead